Spotlight on: Courses in Brooklyn!
The start of the semester is just around the corner, so get ready to spring into professional learning with an ASPDP course!
Are you a Brooklyn-based teacher? Check out these courses conveniently offered in your borough!
Let's take a closer look: Teaching with Works of Art in the Museum and Classroom with Inspiring Learners Through Art - Register by February 8 (Section 1) or April 5 (Section 2)
Educators of all subject areas are welcome to learn how to integrate art into their teaching practice in order to improve student learning. In a hands-on experience at the Brooklyn Museum, you will practice strategies to engage students and suuport higher order thinking skills. Through modeling, guided practice, application and feedback, teachers will develop skills for learning successful art inquiry discussions in the classroom and/or museum.
Find your course - Check out these Brooklyn courses that are open for registration:
- Habitat Ecology for Educators (HELP) with Wildlife Conservation Society - Register by April 21
- Making Room for Student Voice in the Classroom with Brooklyn Free School - Register by May 1
- Experiential Learning: Using Gardens as Outdoor Classrooms with City Parks Foundation - Register by May 3
Looking for more? Our spring catalog includes:
- 30+ in-person courses at museums and nonprofits across NYC
- 240+ convenient online course options
- Credit toward your +30 salary differential and CTLE hours